Orangevale Rental Policy
As a resident of Orangevale, you must qualify under the following guidelines.
We are an equal housing opportunity community and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, marital status, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, source of income or any other arbitrary reason based on the person’s personal characteristics.
Occupancy will be limited to no more than (5) five persons in a two bedroom and (7) five persons in a three bedroom apartment.
Each prospective resident must complete an application and pay a non-refundable processing fee of $25.00. A $100.00 holding deposit is required to place an apartment on hold and is refundable if the applicant does not meet our rental qualification. This deposit will be applied toward the security deposit when approved and is non-refundable after 3 working days. Applications are processed Monday through Friday and only take a minimum of one week to process. Out of state and multiple verifications may take additional time to process.
To rent an apartment at Orangevale Apartments, the following criteria must be met:
- Net monthly income must be at lease one and one half times the monthly rental amount, not to exceed the maximum income for household size as defined by the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program.
- All employment and other sources of income and assets must be verified.
- Self-employed individuals must supply a copy of the IRS form 1040 and Schedule C for the most recent tax year.
- Current and previous rental information for a minimum of two (2) continuous years must be verified.
- All verifications must be signed by a third party and returned with no omissions prior to move-in.
Derogatory information reflected on the credit report, fraudulent or inaccurate information, or an inability to verify information may result in denial of the application. Derogatory information includes, but is not limited to the following: Felony convictions, evictions, unfavorable rental references, slow payments, collections accounts, charge-offs, suits, judgments liens, bankruptcy, repossessions, or high debt to income ratio. It is not our policy to accept Co-Signers.
For vacant, rent ready apartments, the beginning rental date will be no more than five (5) days after approval of the application. For occupied apartments being pre-rented, the rental date will be within fifteen (15) days of the date the apartment becomes vacant or the application process has been completed, which ever comes first.
First months rent and any deposits must be paid in the form of CASHIER’S CHECK or MONEY ORDER payable to Orangevale Apartments.